Monday 19 August 2013

Songs of my life.

My blog, I wanted to post something that is me. Something that defines me. What better than my choice of songs. Music has always been a very important part of me. I don't think I can ever do without music and my playlist.

Today, I have bugged my repeat button hearing Bill Wither's Ain't no Sunshine. I totallyy love this song. His voice and the little music playing in the background plus the lyrics. This song is magical. It explains absenteeism of a loved one soo clearly. "Its not warm when she's away.." is one hell of a line. Kudos to Bill Withers for singing a song that rings a bell in every heart.

Next on the list is Michael Jackson's Will you be there. This is the song that i am currently listening and it brightens up my mood. The "hmmm" is soo soothing to the ears. Plus an MJ song is always wonderful to hear. I heard the song for the very first time in my dance class when we were to dance a routine on this song. It is such a kind song and the line "its okay to be unfaithful, you're only human" says everything about the singer and gives us a little hope to come back always.

The Hindi song Chukar Mere Mann Ko from the movie Yaarana is amazing. It just touches you. The song is for all the people who have made it to your heart, who have been able to get to you in one way or the other. How someone just comes and takes your heart away, changes your life for good. Love it!!

Ek Me Aur Ek Tuu's Aahatein is a magical song. It again is a song about absenteeism. "Sab kuch wahi hai, par kuch kamii hai. Teri aahatein nahi hai." (everything is the same, yet something is missing. Your footsteps aren't there).

Ordinary People By john Legend:  I loooove this song. This one is about a conjugal relationship where the singer has a hope of reconciling with the partner after every littte fight or misunderstandings just like every other time. The lyrics explain relationships and their complexities to the T. "Though love sometimes hurt,  I still put you first and we'll make this work. But I think we should take it sloww".

Jhankar beats Tu Ashiqui hai. A token of love to your lover.

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. I love this song soo much. It brings a smile to my face everytime I hear it so much so that I am contemplating having a tattoo of the song name. The song is about a passionate love and how much ever you chase it you can't probably have it.



I will keep ediitng the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment